Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Let It Snow! Let It Snow!

Tick tock hurry up! In exactly 2 weeks today I will be all bundled up and boarding my flight to the French Alps. I love the tradition of snowboarding holidays, early mornings on first chairs, rosy cheeks and rudolph noses, steaming hot chocolates in the Alpine sun, new ski clothes freshly unwrapped under the Christmas tree, apres-ski vin chauds surrounded by new friends, warm and toasty by the crackling fire, steaming baths before hearty winter dinners in cozy slippers, mittens and beanies as we crunch footprint trails on the way to the pub, shaking out the snowflakes post snowball fight as we arrive indoors, ice-skating at night listening to cheesy carols, mistletoe kisses in wooden arches, aching muscles that last only days but thankfully the memories linger on, back at the desk we need the sanctuary of a minutes daydream...








5 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos, gets me in the winter mood (even more than I already am), I've never been skiing or snowboarding, but I really love snow, I love the hush that a fresh snowfall brings.

    Enjoy your trip to the French Alps! <3

    xoxo,
    S-C

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous photos! wish i was going too! i have also never been skiing, but i own my own pair of ski boots (my husband who was a mad skier before we go married convinced me it was an investment if i was going to be married to him... still waiting for that ski trip...!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just popped over from Hunter-Gathering - your blog is very pretty! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. that brings a fun visual to mind. you will have so much fun.
    i like the snow angel pic
    ~laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi - just wanted to let you know that you're my favorite "new" blog - gorgeous, gorgeous, inspiring photos! xox

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails